ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE SPOTLIGHT
The following form is the Hartford’s Got Talent participation form. Registering does not guarantee you or your act to perform at the final show at the Bushnell Theater. In addition to registering, contestants will be performing in-person auditions. The auditions will be held at The Hartford Public Library, 500 Main Street, Hartford, CT from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM on selected Saturdays in September.
Saturday, September 9, 12pm – 4pm (Solo / Group Singers) (CLOSED)
Saturday, September 16, 12pm – 4pm (Drama, Spoken Word, Rappers) (CLOSED)
Wednesday, September 20, 5pm – 8pm (Unique Talents)
Saturday, September 30, 12pm – 4pm (Dancers, Musicians, Unique Talents)
Please make sure to thoroughly read through our Talent Guidelines below prior to filling out a participation form.
If you missed your selected date for your talent category, please come as a walk in on the next scheduled audition date, and we will schedule you for an available date/time.
To Be Eligible:
- The show is open to all ages, 8 and older.
- You must reside in a town in the capital region: Andover, Avon, Berlin, Bloomfield, Bolton, Canton, Columbia, Coventry, East Granby, East Hartford, East Windsor, Ellington, Enfield, Farmington, Glastonbury, Granby, Hartford, Hebron, Manchester, Mansfield, Marlborough, New Britain, Newington, Plainville, Rocky Hill, Simsbury, Somers, South Windsor, Southington, Stafford, Suffield, Tolland, Vernon, West Hartford, Wethersfield, Willington, Windsor, Windsor Locks
- Talents may include (but not limited to) singing, dancing, instrumental music, skits, magic, comedy, martial arts, juggling, NO LIP-SYNCHING.
- Everyone must return a completed and signed HGT Showcase Participation Form.
- All those who are part of a group act should submit their Participation Forms together.
- Recommended length is 3 minutes; acts must be no more than 5 minutes.
- Acts are responsible for their own props and costumes.
- Costumes must be appropriate for all age groups and HGT staff will make final decisions. For example, inappropriate would be considered: private body parts exposed, negative words on clothing, etc.
- All performances will be screened for appropriateness by the HGT Committee.
- Absolutely no profanity or insensitive subject matter will be permitted.
- In all cases, decisions of the judges are final and will not be open to discussion.
- If your act requires recorded accompanying music, the music must be:
- Provided to the HGT Committee at the time of the audition.
- The CD must be labeled with your name and song name.
- It is the participant’s responsibility to get the accompanying music back after the show.
- Acts with any member under 18 must have a written consent from parents for each of the members.
- If you make it to the semi-finals on TBD there will be prizes given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Semi-Final Winners will receive arts training, logistics TBD.
You can submit the following online participation form or print and sign the following printable form to present in person on the day of your audition: